Friday, May 18, 2012

Pumpkin Alfredo with Greens and Caramel Flan

To make up for my lack of blog posts as of late, today I will be spotlighting two recipes.
So first off, for lunch I dined on pumpkin alfredo with greens... Wow. This was really good! Many thanks to my friend Joclyn for showing me this one! I have to say it does not taste exactly like typical fettuccine alfredo, however I do not think that was the aim of this recipe. The sauce was so creamy, so delicious, and so deceptively healthy! For the greens, I used kale. Kale is really good for you, because after all, it is a super food, and it went really well with the pasta. I recommend this recipe for all pasta and alfredo lovers, especially if you need a healthier alternative.

And as for dessert, those of you with a sweet tooth will not want to miss this recipe for caramel flan. It was relatively easy to make and had just the right texture. Flan lovers, you are not going to miss the dairy or eggs in this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment